Aero Redux Released

For those interested, you can download Aero Redux on my deviantArt page. I'm fairly happy with the release. It's not strikingly original, but it is a good approximation of what I wanted to achieve, giving what I feel is a relatively accurate Longhorn look, but with many of the rough edges smoothed and loose ends tied up. I'm running out of cliches so...



Next up, I'm doing something more fun around Longhorn Percept, seen below. This time, I'd like to feature more of the Concept work in the theme, and looking at old screenshots and mockups, I really feel that there is something worth doing there. Over at aeroXP and JoeJoe, work continues on various projects to bring the Longhorn look to Vista and to implement it in other ways, but looking at some of the concepts, particularly the aero-slate material, around which old sites such as aerosoft were built, I'd really like to see something done with that.

On another note, I've partially moved over to Vista now, on the one system I have that can carry it with decent performance. Time for a new laptop I think. Overall, it's good. There's not much more to say because it's not remarkable, just satisfactory. Certainly not the ME some people were suggesting, but no revolution either. I think (read hope) that MS are holding out on the good stuff until R2, when they'll have a better handle on Leopard, and when the teething troubles Vista has now have been fully resolved. That Longhorn vision maybe closer than we think...

Anyway, Aero Redux. Enjoy!


 
 
 Posted by Picasa

1 Response to "Aero Redux Released"

Anonymous Says :
3:21 AM

Your vista styles are very amazing.
How to setup or configure my computer looks like vista as your some figures ?

Post a Comment